- serious question; is there a dumb phone that works
- I bought a Samsung S21 Ultra *for* the concert
- My thoughts on iPhone 14 lineup pricing: 6
- Why…WHY…does the new iPhone update put the web browser
- Extremely excited to work with
- Okay https://t
- TIL my game (@RaindeadGames) is #3 top paid RPG
- The 100th ama tokenhunter x kingspeed time 12 00
- RISE OF CATS (beta) is now LIVE! Download +
- iphone > android Depends what your used too I
- We`ve released a maintenance patch on PC and Android
- what`s the craziest thing you bought because of BTS?
- Coding is one of the world`s most important languages,
- I keep getting press releases for the Cyrcle Phone
- People are praising the Spider-Man web-slinging in Fortnite, which
- crazy that even tho ow hasnt gotten content in
- Why do people love to hate XBOX when they
- Alright, show of hands ✋ How many of you
- I have 500 $ADA to spend on a Cardano
- We`re back with Day 4 of our #12DaysofHolidayGiftIdeas and
- How do we know what is real? Pre-download ‘The
- Twitter app on Pixel is noticeably faster than Twitter
- Did anyone else notice or was it just me
- Too much punk vs ape debate
- Android 12 is the most STABLE and fun and
- Android flagships aren`t smooth
- Name of smartphones I used in last one week
- This week on Binance NFT
- Matchday s/o to these truly amazing people @Helle66221114 @Shay281923
Some apps in GNOME 42 supporting the dark style
November 22, 2021, 12:57 pm
Some apps in GNOME 42 supporting the dark style preference. On one hand I`m happy that it`s happening, otoh it`s not nearly as many by now as I`d have hoped. Though with GTK4/libadwaita transition happening at the same time it`s kinda understandable.
It should be in the next release - it`s great that toolkits are coming together on this. Fyne apps built before this read a global flag the user sets, just not the FDO one. I didn`t realise the default GTK+ theme had light and dark for so long, well done.
Well, user sets dark preference and all apps change. Or set light and they go light. This seems pretty relevant? Per-app setting is like 5 years ago on mobile when the OS did not support central configuration
@Wutzara So if you plan to keep GTK3 for 42, I`d recommend to either use libhandy or interact with settings daemon manually. I`ll recommend using libhandy because it`s one line to add support for the pref but I might be biased here. :) Check the wiki page the initiative links to.
@osslate In fact, exactly half of the apps on that screenshot are GTK3 - Weather, Screenshot, KGX, Ephy, Characters. :)
is a port to Gtk4 necessary to support this?
At this rate Fyne apps could stand a chance of overtaking - they support light and dark variants out of the box and match the OS setting on most systems too. Plus you can run them on your phone ;)
@CassidyJames So a lot of people were excited about having this - yet when it came to actually porting their app, *crickets*. So I guess it will take releasing 42 where half the apps don`t support it for the rest to catch up...
I think once its out and users get used to a supported dark style preference, youll see the apps that are currently lagging behind catch up and add it due to user pressure. We saw something similar with elementary OS 6 and AppCenter apps, at least.
Interesting: Can`t wait for GNOME 42 to come out
Gnome 42 with Libadwaita/GTK4 seems it`s going to be maybe an even bigger release than 40 actually.