- If a life long iPhone User (not trapped within
- FROM THIS POINT ON,EVERY VIDEO GAME EVER MADE MUST
- From Ethiopia to the Hausa, a new continent is
- Anyone know where I can get some Google Pixel
- Happymonday everyboodddyy i hope you all had a
- #Xbox20 Questions: Boop, boop, boop
- Shill me your favourite strong FA plays - Active
- It`s surprising how poor operating systems are in terms
- Alright who is guilty of this? Raise your hand
- The polls are open! Cast your vote for July`s
- OPPO Watch 2 is the most smooth non-iOS smartwatch
- what crypto project would you guys want me to
- I have gotten way more followers than I ever
- If i removed the IOS from iPhone would u
- I never knew owning an iPhone was an achievement
- What is the best thing to buy if you
- Is a snack on the new
- When downloading standalone Apple Watch apps, ie apps with
- Here, on Twitter, I have met a lot of
- Seeing everyone appreciating so much NTWEWY is really making
- What was the first game you played, and what
- Xbots really sensitive about Playstation having a solution to
- Another way to think about 30% store fees is:
- Apple fanboys be like "Android midranges lack in good
- Mitch plays Yakuza 3: the going back 2 gaming
- Halo Infinite Tech Test final review I`m more confident
- Twitter, help me decide which phone to buy please?
- BC2 Vita v
- YSK - Copilot mode lets two people play as
- Ok so as a Mac guy who wants to
It`s funny how Windows becomes more like macOS in
June 24, 2021, 7:24 pm
Its funny how Windows becomes more like macOS in every version. Windows 11 now adds a center-aligned taskbar (aka Dock) and rounded window corners. Both of these have been around for more than 20 years on macOS. (Screenshot Mac OS X Public Beta, 2000).
Like i give a flying fvck about either of those things
The macOS is better. Always has been. Faster. More stable. Aesthetically pleasing. Far more intuitive to use. Built for people. Windows is built by coders for coders. Fugly. Idiosyncratic. And frustrating--year after tedious year.
Do you guys remember when Apple invented rounded corners??
It`s funny how people still use Macs in 2021.
And yet Windows computers still have something that Macs havent been able to have for 20 years: a GPU.
My thoughts exactly when I saw the leak earlier this month
Okay, and? MacOS finally let you open a Private Browser window from the dock in Big Sur, and Windows had that for decades too
So you`re saying they waited 20 years to copy rounded corners and center alignment?
I always say that is really the R&D center. They copy everything. Only difference is the MS stuff is far more open, I think thats bad, and more prone to outside attacks.
MacOS seems a lot like Linux, though. And iOS moves towards Android. That`s kind of how innovation works. You try things, sometimes you win, sometimes not. So you make changes that work. Windows11
I agree with you. Even though they`re late to the UX game, it may serve them well. "...we have always been shameless about stealing great ideas" -- Steve Jobs
Its funny how iOS becomes more like Android in every version....
If you cant innovate you just imitate :)
even more amazing that both are actually copying what Linux OS have already had for many years
Mac dumped its OS entirely. Its Linux now... they don`t even develop their own OS.
Windows is becoming more like good OSX while OSX is turning into a hand holding piece of trash. I have both. I hate using the current OSX.
except its still very ugly. would be nice if they used a lovely font, at minimum.
Mine, unfortunately, is monochrome
The Dock was around for more than a decade before that Vista/7 had rounded corners as well, but then Google apparently convinced everyone except Apple that sharp corners and flat coloring were cool. I guess UI designers are over that now, or they`re just going back and forth to make things look new so you`ll buy the update.