- serious question; is there a dumb phone that works
- I bought a Samsung S21 Ultra *for* the concert
- My thoughts on iPhone 14 lineup pricing: 6
- Why…WHY…does the new iPhone update put the web browser
- Extremely excited to work with
- Okay https://t
- TIL my game (@RaindeadGames) is #3 top paid RPG
- The 100th ama tokenhunter x kingspeed time 12 00
- RISE OF CATS (beta) is now LIVE! Download +
- iphone > android Depends what your used too I
- We`ve released a maintenance patch on PC and Android
- what`s the craziest thing you bought because of BTS?
- Coding is one of the world`s most important languages,
- I keep getting press releases for the Cyrcle Phone
- People are praising the Spider-Man web-slinging in Fortnite, which
- crazy that even tho ow hasnt gotten content in
- Why do people love to hate XBOX when they
- Alright, show of hands ✋ How many of you
- I have 500 $ADA to spend on a Cardano
- We`re back with Day 4 of our #12DaysofHolidayGiftIdeas and
- How do we know what is real? Pre-download ‘The
- Twitter app on Pixel is noticeably faster than Twitter
- Did anyone else notice or was it just me
- Too much punk vs ape debate
- Android 12 is the most STABLE and fun and
- Android flagships aren`t smooth
- Name of smartphones I used in last one week
- This week on Binance NFT
- Matchday s/o to these truly amazing people @Helle66221114 @Shay281923
Axie Infinity — a crypto-based monster battle game that
October 13, 2021, 2:15 am
Axie Infinity a crypto-based monster battle game that is almost comically difficult to play, and has 2 million players anyway is one of the years most interesting tech stories. Now co-founder tells me it may be coming to the App Store:
25% of its players (500,000 people) dont have access to financial services but are somehow paying the equivalent of $1500 to get into the game?
Thanks for writing about Axie. Their transaction volume is more than double even the most hyped NFTs (which then fade, axie just keeps going). Ive been wanting to read about them so this was perfect.
Hi Casey. Just read your article on playtoearn. Its already happening in the US on on iOS. You can buy and sell NFTs in game and players are already benefiting financially. You should check us out. Ill be at On The Verge. See you there.
Worth remembering that having a bank account is not the same as using financial services, particularly in places like the Philippines - would be surprised if people who can use Axie have never used GCASH or SMART etc
Way back in 2017 I learned about CryptoKitties, which sounded like a fun "cat collecting" game for my daughter, but turned out to be...a lot like Axie Infinity (including being a pain in the ass to get started). I wonder what Axie did right to reach critical mass?
I dont mean to brag but I feel like Ive not liked ideas that are objectively a lot more likable than this one
ownership on internet > living on internet > working on internet
Best line in the piece, IMHO: "Will it gradually siphon the attention of people who might have otherwise spent their time thumbing through feeds, mindlessly enriching the platform?"
I can not like that idea without even hardly trying
I realize there are still plenty of crypto skeptics out there, but its hard not to like the idea of people in developing countries doubling their incomes + accessing banking services for the first time by playing games